Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Jonathan Edwards Sermon from Sunday, Regaining Mobility

This past Sunday, I mentioned a sermon from a 1700's era pastor named Jonathan Edwards.  It's lengthy, but it's definitely worth reading.  Below you'll find a link to the sermon online, and if you send me an email, I'll send you a PDF of the sermon.  Also, we'll have a few paper copies available at the church office.

http://www.biblebb.com/files/edwards/charity.htm

My sermon should be posted in the next few days.  Here's a link to our sermon page, and I'd encourage you to check out Tom's sermon from Sept. 22.

http://firstpresgj.org/index.php?nid=137198&s=rs

On a separate note, thanks for your continued prayers for recovery and healing for me.  My face has almost completely healed up, and you have to look pretty closely to see any marks or scars.  Yesterday, I went to the gym and ran a mile!  It feels like a miracle to be able to get my legs moving again at a somewhat-decent pace.  When I told one of my neighbors that I'd started running again, he quipped, "Well, that must look hilarious."  :)  Range of motion on my knee is still a bit limited (I can get down on the floor to play with my son, for example, but only with some awkward movement), but it really does feel better every day.  I have a follow-up with my doctor next week, and I'll be sure to post an update afterwards.

Solo Dei gloria,

Travis


No comments:

Post a Comment