Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Guest Blogger: Cindi Brower

Today's blog post is from Cindi Brower, director of senior adults and women's ministries at FPC.  She's also a returning team member for our mission trip to Uganda later this summer.  Her post is part of an email-chain discussion which the team is sharing in preparation for their mission to the Amani Baby Cottage in June.



Colorado never ceases to amaze me how quickly we can shift from winter directly into summer. What happened to spring?  I guess I missed that day! :). Living in Colorado teaches us...to never separate your clothes into seasons (no packing away your winter sweater because as soon as you do you will need them!); be willing to share this beautiful state with the many out-of-towners who want to bask in its beauty; and don't get too settled into a routine. Flexibility is a must to live here.  All things that I was reminded of this past week as I worked through our [mission team] devotional. Flexibility is at the top of the list for a successful mission trip, and we must be willing to include others in our mission journey in order to receive the fullest blessing possible while letting others be blessed as well

When I first read [one of the devotions] regarding taking others along, I was a little reluctant to do the whole "support" letter thing.  But, I remembered my kids doing the same and how important it was for them to build a strong prayer support for their journey. Was I above that?  Certainly not!  So I swallowed my pride and put together a letter (emphasizing prayer support more than financial) sending it to family members and out-of-state friends. The letter even found its way (thanks to a dear friend) into the hands of the mission team at my former church who is interested in financial support as well as the much desired prayer support. I now feel confident that I am not going on this trip with 11 others but many more as they lift me (and you!) in prayer and anticipate hearing about the amazing work as we become the hands and feet of Jesus. 

In great anticipation!

Cindi B
 

No comments:

Post a Comment