Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Office Space


I’m running out of flat space on the walls of my office.  Don’t get me wrong – I love my office and consider it a great privilege to have abundant space to work.  But I’m running out of flat space as I begin to think and pray about some big projects on my horizon this summer.

The photo shows what the windows in my office look like right now.  The cards are all related to the biggest project on my plate right now: the summer sermon series on biblical leadership.  Each card has the name of a leader from the Bible, and I’ve sub-divided this too-long list into three categories: Old Testament, New Testament, and Leadership Principles from Jesus.  Over the next few weeks, I’ll pick five leaders from each Testament, plus five principles from the life of Jesus, for a grand total of fifteen focus-points for our Sunday worship.

I’m really enjoying this project.  I like to think visually and have space and time to arrange my thoughts in real-life, not just in my head.  I also find a lot of encouragement and good feedback from inviting other staff members to take a look at these ideas and help me think through each week’s sermon.  Stop by my office and take a look at the ideas, and if you’re up for it, adding a note or an idea yourself.

We’re going to have an amazing summer here at FPC.  Our seminary intern is excited about learning and growing in our midst, and I’m excited for all of you to meet her.  Because of the generosity of many people, we’ll likely have at least three college interns – one each for worship, children, and youth.  We may even have our new contemporary worship director in-place, and possibly our new director of student ministries.  I’m looking forward to this season in our journey together, and I hope you are, too.

Solo Dei gloria,


Travis

No comments:

Post a Comment