Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Growing Up...?

A season of growth is how I would describe the last month or so.  Actually, I hope that every season in my life has some kind of growing edge to it, but I'm also fairly confident that I'll often miss that perspective when growth involves suffering or frustration.  During the past month-ish, I've preached more frequently than I ever have, coordinated two memorial services in one day, been stretched in my growth as a leader on our staff, and also found myself recognizing patterns in my ministry efforts - both to the good and to the not-so-good.

As you can imagine, I need to take some time to reflect on all that's been going on for this past season.  Part of the way I reflect comes through reading and encountering wisdom from outside sources.  I found a good blog post today that speaks to where I am now after nearly 2 years of being a pastor.  The parts that most resonated with me concern understanding the people of the church I've been called to serve, and more fully appreciating my role as a continual learner.  Here's the post:

http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/tgc/2013/07/09/studying-doesnt-end-with-classes/

I imagine that if you're reading this post, you've been connected to my life for at least a little while, and for that, I'd like to say 'thanks.'  Thanks for praying for me, for Jill, Will, and our family, and for our mission and ministry in Grand Junction.  Thanks for encouraging us and loving us, even from great distances.  Thanks for being the support we need and for pointing us to Christ.  It's been an amazing two years, and we're looking forward to many more.

Under the mercy of Christ,

Travis

No comments:

Post a Comment